RSS

+16: Big Win!

Today was my 2nd Saturday run with the team. At last weeks' Saturday run I walked the entire thing. This week, I ran it, all 4.3 miles of it! I cannot tell you how awesome it feels to accomplish that! I ran with Emily and Bonnie. We ran for 2 minutes and walked for 1 min (repeat.) Emily kept our pace today and was good at letting me know when I wanted to stop that it we would stop soon only 30 or 20 whatever seconds left. I also found that doing the longer run actually made running easier, after 15-20 minutes I realized how much easier it gets with more time in the run. There were some moments where I felt like my legs were going to give out shortly but I made it.
I was rewarded at the end with bagels and Jelly Bellies. And then a nice 2 hour snooze and work.
After today I feel a million times better about doing this and signing up for the Car Harbor 10k this month too.
I need more money everyone, donations have slowed, so it you have been putting it off, now is a good time. It will make me feel better!

0 comments:

Post a Comment