RSS

+9: Poor Ankles


Today was our team's second Saturday run and my first with them. With the threat of hurricane Danny raining on our parade I received some reassuring emails from my coaches that practice happens no matter what, and that it is to our advantage to run in all conditions because who knows what will happen on race day.
We went to see Inglorious Basterds last night, and did I did not end up going to sleep till 2:30 AM. When the alarm went off this morning I contemplated staying in bed, but I got up ate a banana and went on my way. It was quite drizzly when I left, still unsure of what to wear I wore my long Nike shirt and compression shorts and some new dri-wick socks I bought last night. These socks were sent by the devil. Too low, and I ended up with a bloody ankle from my chaffing sneakers.
It was a nice walk in the rain, with my Co-ordinator Andria, and one of the mentors, Carrie. Im amazed how fast the 40 minutes went with company with me. I got in a little over 2.5 miles and walked the whole thing.
After we went to the Sayville Running Store and they fed us bagels and talked about socks and shoes. I got fitted for some legit running sneakers that will not leave my poor ankles bloody. They have this nifty setup that you stand on and shows where you put pressure on your feet and then they recommend shoes for you. Can't wait till Monday to try them out on the road!

On the fundraising front I'm up to $710 and have $3,290 left. Also Bollinger's Family Restaurant in Farmingdale donated several gift certificates for my upcoming events and there will be a counter jar there also for donations! Go visit them and get yourself a tasty dinner and some homemade icecream!

0 comments:

Post a Comment